Google Trends Keyword Research Tool Updated
Google has announced a major update to the Google Trends tool.Google Trends is one of the most useful SEO tools because it provides keyword information to help you understand how, where, and even when searchers are using keywords. So it’s super exciting to take the bow off and unwrap the new features Google is offering.
What Features are Updated : Google’s announcement highlighted three areas of improvement:
- New features
- Simpler navigation
- More ways to explore data and news stories
Updated Google Trends Interface
The Google Trends interface has undergone a redesign to make it conform closely to the Material Design framework, which looks and functions attractively whether you’re on a desktop or a mobile device.Here’s how Google’s announcement described its new features:
- A revamped Trending searches section, showing what is trending in search right now, both daily and minute-by-minute.
- A newly-designed section where you can see Google Trends data stories curated by the News Lab team on everything from the Trump Administration through Mother’s Day. It’s also a great place to find amazing “examples of Google data visualizations” by newsroom designers from all over the world.
- Easy access to Year in Search data going back to 2001, so you can see how search interest has changed over time.
New info-graphic types such as an intensity map to compare different topics in more meaningful ways.”
- Compared Breakdown by Sub region: Google Trends is featuring a new color intensity infographic. It shows you which keywords are more popular in a particular region. This infographic feature generates useful keyword research data.
For example, a comparison of the keywords SEO and Social Media shows that term social media is more popular across the United States except in Kansas.
Google Trends SEO Tool
Google trends new features allows you to identify where keywords are popular and target those geographic areas with specialized content or outreach. This information can be used for choosing content topic, PPC, link building, targeting content to specific audiences for maximum impact and so on. Google Trends offers editorial data-based stories via their Year in Search section. Unfortunately, as of press time this feature was not working.
We at Cogitaxis as a leading SEO company in Chennai believe Google trends is one of the best tool for SEO Keyword research and purposes. If you are struggling to rank your website on your own you could bet your money on Google.